Jellow Communicator is a friendly Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solution that uses icons to aid communication in people learning to speak or with difficulty with speech and language. The easy-to-learn interface and visually appealing icons of Jellow make it is an ideal solution for beginner-level communicators.
A novel visual Emotional Language Protocol (ELP) was conceived in order to enhance the language ability of Jellow. ELP represents the 6 core expressive icons of the interface. Using these core buttons along with the central category buttons, the child can very easily communicate their likes, dislikes, and needs with others.
Jellow is developed at the IDC School of Design at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay located in Mumbai.
Jellow is a complete communication system conceived in the following variations to cater to the needs of users with a varying range of abilities:
- Jellow Book: Flash Cards, PDF Booklet (Download from: www.jellow.org/ )
- Jellow Desktop: Use on Google Chrome browser using link: http://www.jellow.org/web/
- Jellow Mobile/Tablet: iOS version coming soon! Android app available on Google Play store (Download from link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsource.idc.jellowintl)
- Jellow Input Devices: Jellow will soon become accessible for people with visual impairments using TalkBack. It will also be accessible for people with physical impairments using external switches
- Jellow Customized: Stay tuned….coming soon!
- Jellow in action…